We are pleased to offer you an alternative bank health care option
Working with L.R. Webber and Benecon, the PA Bankers Services Corporation (Services Corp) offers a unique health care funding program for banks and PA Bankers' Affiliate Members across Pennsylvania. This health care consortium model provides financial institutions with the ability to more closely control their benefit costs, while providing flexibility, support and service to the bank and its employees. The consortium model is used by more than 150 organizations and has operated since 1991.
What is a consortium?
A consortium is a group of organizations that have joined together for the advantages of economies of scale and cost efficiency. Each member financial organization can choose the benefit plan design and employee contribution structure that best suits its needs while paying its own rate. The rates are based on the financial institution’s demographics and historical claims experience.
- 34 Member Banks
- 10,000 Individual Members
- $8.91M Surplus Returned*
- Atlantic Community Bankers Bank
- Citizens & Northern Bank
- Community State Bank of Orbisonia
- Farmers & Merchants Trust Company
- Fidelity Deposit and Discount Bank
- First Citizens Community Bank
- First Columbia Bank & Trust Company
- First Keystone Community Bank
- Jonestown Bank & Trust
- Marion Center Bank
- Mauch Chunk Trust Co.
- Mid Penn Bank
- The Muncy Bank & Trust Company
- New Tripoli Bank
- Orrstown Bank
- Pennian Bank
- PEOPLES BANK, A Codorus Valley Company
- Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company
- PS Bank
- QNB Bank
- Reliance Bank
- Riverview Bank
- The Dime Bank
- The Farmers National Bank of Emlenton
- The Jim Thorpe Neighborhood Bank
- The Juniata Valley Bank
- The Mars National Bank
- The Victory Bank
- Union Community Bank
- Univest Corp. of PA
- Washington Financial
- Wayne Bank
- West Milton State Bank
- York Traditions
*Since inception 12/24/2009
How will the consortium assist my organization?
The consortium model stabilizes costs and cash flow for employee health benefits. It provides benefits with flexibility, making it possible for small financial institutions to offer employees a customized benefit program. Additionally, the consortium model offers financial institutions protection from excessive costs in a year in which employees experience high/shock medical claims and is aligned with claim administrators and provider networks throughout the state. View the Bank Health Care Consortium of PA Brochure.
Are there additional benefits options through the PA Bankers Services Corporation & L.R. Webber Associates, Inc.?
Yes. Those benefits include:
- Multiple banking health care options, including health, drug, vision and dental care plans
- Life insurance
- Disability and care benefits, including accidental death and dismemberment, short and long-term disability, and long-term care
- Enhanced benefits technology services
Why choose the PA Bankers Services Corporation?
PA Bankers Services Corporation (Services Corp) is the for-profit subsidiary of the Pennsylvania Bankers Association and is dedicated to providing innovative products and services to the PA Bankers membership. These products and services are designed to reduce member operating expenses, expand member resources, increase member non-interest income, provide economies of scale, and serve employees and customers.
If your financial institution is interested in learning more about the bank health care consortium, you can contact Wayne Whipple, PA Bankers, (717) 255-6925 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Booker Moore of L.R. Webber Associates, Inc., (814) 695-8066 x233 or email@example.com.
* Vendor selections and recommendations are made in accordance with the Services Corp's stated mission. It is believed that the promoted products and services merit strong consideration by PA Bankers member banks. PA Bankers Services Corporation's due diligence and selection criteria should not be construed as a guarantee, as the ultimate appropriateness may vary from bank to bank. In addition, PA Bankers member banks are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence reviews of recommended vendors. Remuneration received by the Services Corp is utilized in-part to support the PA Bankers Association through contracted agreements, corporate sponsorships and overhead coverage. This financial support expands resources and strengthens the services and programs of the PA Bankers Association.